[Zope3-Users] thoughts about z3c.form-package

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed Oct 8 09:32:04 EDT 2008

Hi Tim, Adam

> Betreff: Re: [Zope3-Users] thoughts about z3c.form-package
>
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 06:25 +0200, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>
> > Adam Groszer is working on a ObjectWidget implementation.
>
> What is the proposed functionality of ObjectWidget?

The ObjectWidget is a widget for an IObject field.
This field is used for attributes which provide a own
schema and hold a refenece to a pyton instance
providing this schema. (does this make sense?)

Probably a sample explains it better.
The attribute door in the sample below is an Object field.

class IDoor(zope.interface.Interface):
    """A cars door."""

    color = zope.schem.TextLine(
        title=u'Color')

class ICar(zope.interface.Interface):
    """A car."""

    door = zope.schem.Object(
        title=u'A cars door',
        schema=IDoor)

The ObjectWidget is now responsible for render an input
widgets in an EditForm for the color attribte of the door.

Adam, is this correct?

Regards
Roger Ineichen