[Zope3-Users] thoughts about z3c.form-package

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:52:20 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 15:32 +0200, Roger Ineichen wrote:

> > What is the proposed functionality of ObjectWidget?
>
> The ObjectWidget is a widget for an IObject field.
> This field is used for attributes which provide a own
> schema and hold a refenece to a pyton instance
> providing this schema. (does this make sense?)

Yes, it makes perfect sense to me.  I have LOTS of these in my
implementation.

http://www.openehr.org/svn/ref_impl_python/TRUNK/oship/src/oship/openehr/

I just do not have working forms yet.  :-(

I still have a lot to learn about z3c.form

I am assuming, though haven't tried, that I can specify an interface
that is maybe 3,4 or more steps through Object attributes and have the
correct widget (text, textline, etc.) render?

> The ObjectWidget is now responsible for render an input
> widgets in an EditForm for the color attribte of the door.

Sorry but I have *no clue* what this means.

Cheers,
Tim