[Zope3-Users] ZCML Layout Decision?

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:22:41 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 09:28 -0700, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> Have you considered Grok?

I looked at Grok when I first started this project about a yer ago.  I
didn't really see much help there at the time so I used zopeproject to
kickstart a foundation and started building from that.

Well, at your suggestion I have given Grok a new try.  I think I can
best express my opinion as:

**GROK IS FRICKEN AWESOME!!***

I noticed in the Grok list archives that a member of my project had
asked last month about migrating a Zope3 project to Grok.  The replies
weren't too encouraging and rightfully so since no one really knew how
"Zope3" the project already was.  The truth is that it is not very
"Zope3" at this point.  So, off to Grok we go.

This rethinking also prompted a major design decision change.  I'll be
throwing away a lot of code but the end result will be well worth it.

Thanks for the prod to look at Grok again.

Cheers,
--Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services