[Zope3-Users] zc.async in Zope2/Plone

Santiago Videla santiago.videla at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:01:56 EDT 2008

Hi Gary

thanks for the help

That's a shame.  Could it be that, if you specify a version of zope.testing
> in your setup.py that is equivalent to the version of zope.testing in your
> Plone app, the overwriting happens but without ill effects?  I bet that
> would work.

I will have to this with all the packages that zc.async requires, right?
zope.component
zope.interface
zope.testing
and so on

what I don't know is where I can find what versions for each egg should I
use. Latest plone use Zope.2.10.6. is there any place where I can see the
versions?

I found this:
http://svn.zope.org/Zope2.buildout/trunk/versions-zope3.cfg?rev=90415&view=markup

but I'm not sure if it's correct

http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.10.6/Zope-2.10.6-released

   - Zope 3.3, Five 1.5 integration
   - replaced several Zope 2 modules with their sister implementation of
   Zope 3

I guess that I have to specify all the versions that Zope3.3 uses

> Not at the moment.  I have been following the ZC opinion--brought about by
> pain, not theory, BTW--that test dependencies should be included as primary
> dependencies.
>
> However, your story seems like a reason to divide up the requirements,
> especially if my first suggestion doesn't work for you.  Maybe I'll do that
> for the next release (1.5.0) which I hope/intend to make in the next 7 days.

don't worry, others packages requires zope.testing as well

* ZODB
* zc.twist

cheers

--
Santiago Videla
www.revolucionesweb.com.ar

Sigue la mata dando de que hablar siempre abajo y a la izquierda donde el
pensamiento que se hace corazón resplandece con la palabra sencilla y
humilde que l at s tod at s somos.