[Zope3-Users] new to python-zope-plone and need advice

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Apr 11 06:08:29 EDT 2009

Luis Espinoza Jr. wrote:

> Can Plone and Zope 3 co-exist on the same system?

yes.

> Are there problems because of Zope 2 in Plone clashing with Zope 3?

only if you try really hard ;-)

> I understand Plone contains some Zope 3 components and I wonder if I will end up with multiple copies of the same software.

If you end up with multiple copies of the same software, you will have
no problems.

> What about the Python versions? Can I install Python 2.5 or 2.6 and have Plone

On Windows, just use the binary installers.
On Linux, install a pristine Python 2.4 from source.
Then use buildout to manage your projects, which will keep the python in
question pristine and leave you without clashing problems.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk