[Zope3-Users] Install on OpenSolaris

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.foss at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 07:59:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Hendrik Bunke <bunke at hbxt.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone managed to get Zope3.4 running on OpenSolaris? I've
> tried the following variants, only with partial access:
>
> - using zopeproject:
>  [bunke at riker]:~/dev/z3project $ bin/z3project-ctl
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "bin/z3project-ctl", line 105, in ?
>    import z3project.startup
>  File "/export/home/bunke/dev/z3project/src/z3project/startup.py", line 5,
> in ?
>    import zope.app.wsgi
>  ImportError: No module named app.wsgi
>
>  Same goes for -debug and even for using buildout with KGS.
>
>  Funny: If I'm using
>    bin/paster serve deploy.ini
>  everything works as expected.
>
> - using 'old style' installation:
>  [bunke at riker]:/opt/Zope3.4.0 $ bin/mkzopeinstance
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "bin/mkzopeinstance", line 47, in ?
>    from zope.app.server.mkzopeinstance import main
>  ImportError: No module named app.server.mkzopeinstance
>
> What went wrong here? Why are the missing modules not found or installed?

i've gotten in running on opensolaris, never had any issues. its possible
you have a global installation of zope.interface from the packaging system
which is preventing your process. to get a better isolation for a buildout
you can setup a virtualenv first. ie..

$ pfexec easy_install virtualenv
$ svn co http://yourapp.svn.org z3-buildout
$ virtualenv --no-site-packages z3-buildout
$ cd z3-buildout
$ . bin/activate
$ python bootstrap.py

hth,