[Zope3-Users] Beginners Question about 'simple todo' tutorial

zope3 at richardshea.fastmail.fm zope3 at richardshea.fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 10 23:56:07 EST 2009

Hi - I'm following "Simple Todo Application"
(http://worldcookery.com/files/jeffshell-todo/). I've got to
http://worldcookery.com/files/jeffshell-todo/step3.html - specifically
the bit where ...

"Above we have the ZMI add lists. The first one shows the root list,
including 'Todo List' and 'Todo', from the addMenuItem interfaces"

... the trouble is that although I've restarted the server there's sign
of any 'Todo' or 'Todo List' in the ZMI.

The tutorial doesn't make any mention of putting a file into
instance/etc/package-includes - could that be the problem ? The 'Todo'
and 'TodoList' classes are implemented in __init__.py - is that why you
don't need a instance/etc/package-includes ?

Any help gratefully received.

richard.