[Zope3-Users] threads, pool size and cache recommendations (quad core)

Roy Mathew rmathew8 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 08:26:14 EST 2009

Folks, I am looking for some configuration advice.

I am running a zope3 application that uses the ZODB. I expect a peak load of
a 100 concurrent users, and am on a *quad* core Intel Xeon Linux box. Am I
better off running 2 or 3 ZEO clients talking to the app-server (I am
assuming that the OS will load balance so that all processors are utilized
well). Or should I not use ZEO at all, and simply assign a large cache, a
large connection pool and lots of threads to a single process. I am sure
that this is an issue many of you have had to contend with. I would
appreciate some rough idea of what the numbers should be for each of the 2
scenarios I outline.

--
Roy.