[Zope3-Users] TextIndexNG question...

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Wed Feb 18 11:14:28 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm currently using TextIndexNG (release 3.2, I think...) to index
documents in a Zope3 application.
Indexed documents are multi-linguals ; I've created one index for each
field and each language, because all fields are not indexed in the same
way (for example, I use stopwords on documents contents but not on
titles).

Everything is **nearly** fine, except for one thing : in french, I have
to index a word like (for example) " l'eau " ; the important word is
"eau" here so, so while searching on title I would like to get a result
while entering query "eau" as well as " l'eau ".
Actually, none of them is working !

I tried to debug a bit, and noticed (if I'm not wrong), that :
 - it's the word " leau " which is computed for indexing
 - but the query " l'eau " is not modified while searching.

I suppose that all this is a splitter/stopwords problem, but I can't
manage to make this work correctly so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

  Thierry Florac
--
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  Mél : thierry.florac at onf.fr
  Tél. : +33 01.40.19.59.64
  Fax. : +33 01.40.19.59.85