[Zope3-Users] Best way to represent a foreign key in ZODB

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Wed Mar 4 08:53:30 EST 2009

Am 04.03.2009 um 14:09 schrieb Massimiliano della Rovere:
> I have problems installing the package (I never did it before,
> probably i do something wrong).
> I downloaded the package, decompressed it and run:
> sudo python setup.py build
>   -> ok
> sudo python setup.py install
>   -> error

You should use buildout to install dependencies for your application.
As you already use Zope, there should be already a ZODB, so it needs
not to be built at install of gocept.reference.

See http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout or maybe
http://redomino.com/it/labs/documentazione/tutorial/gestire-progetti-con-zc-buildout/

> When installing, it tries to download an updated package about ZODB
> but then it fails compiling it:
>
> python2.4 setup.py build
[...]
> src/BTrees/BTreeModuleTemplate.c:15:20: error: Python.h: Nessun file
> o directory

Google finds this: http://www.mail-archive.com/plone-it@lists.plone.org/msg02411.html
  (sounds a bit similar especially because I do not understand
Italian :)

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · mh at gocept.com · software developer