[Zope3-Users] So, there is going to be no Zope4... how to handle maintenance a couple of years from now?

Thierry Florac tflorac at ulthar.net
Sun Sep 7 11:37:36 CEST 2014

Hi,

I think ZCA doesn't do "so much more" than implement a few object design
patterns and provide a very flexible components registry framework.
I'm working mainly on developing new framework-like packages and I just
can't work without it except by re-inventing it!

Many users blame ZCML just because it's XML !
But it's just configuration, and separating configuration from
Python code is one of the greatest benefits of ZCML, mainly while
working on huge projects. The XML format is just a detail and is
probably not so worse than many INI-like or text based configuration
format; and at least it's a de-facto standard.

Regards,
Thierry