[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 238/ 8 Resolve "Software release issues"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Fri Oct 3 10:04:51 EDT 2003

Issue #238 Update (Resolve) "Software release issues"
 Status Resolved, content/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/238

= Resolve - Entry #8 by mcdonc on Oct 3, 2003 10:04 am

We are sorting descending by creation date (I think ;-) now, so that's good enough for me.  The product is now fixed so new releases will have a creation date, fixing this problem in the future as well.
= Comment - Entry #7 by dreamcatcher on Oct 2, 2003 1:31 pm

Theres a (supposedly) good version sorting method here:
http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/src/zope/app/browser/services/bundle.py?rev=1.11&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
(see the parseVersion method.)

I think that it could probably be integrated in the version sorting algorithm.
= Comment - Entry #6 by mcdonc on Oct 2, 2003 1:18 pm

This bug has been fixed temporarily for the ZODB 3.1 and ZODB 3.2 products.  Please let me know if it looks acceptable.  I had to take the "modification date" of the release and use that as the "creation_date" (releases actually had no creation date, they were acquiring one from the software package), so things might be a little wrong but less wrong than they were before.

I haven't yet installed a fix for this problem that will make future uploads work properly (if you upload a release now, there's still no telling where it will show up in the release list), but will do so hopefully by COB today.
= Comment - Entry #5 by tim_one on Oct 1, 2003 11:23 pm

Knock, knock.  Anyone home here?

The main problem described here is now biting us at

http://www.zope.org/Products/ZODB3.2/

too:  the new 3.2c1 release shows up underneath the older 3.2b3 release, the "latest release" is incorrectly identified as 3.2b3 (it should be 3.2c1), and this appears to be because the Release Date attached to both of those is 2003-06-16 18:08:53 (which isn't correct for either release).

Barring a fix, is there some way to change the Release Date data manually?  I'd be happy to do that, if so.
= Comment - Entry #4 by jeremy on Sep 21, 2003 11:17 pm

Any news on this issue?
= Comment - Entry #3 by dtremea on Sep 17, 2003 3:53 pm

> Can someone let me know when this issue will at least get
> looked at?  I'm hoping to do another release on Friday,
> but I worry that all the same problems will exist.

I'll taking a look at this today... ;-)
= Comment - Entry #2 by jeremy on Sep 17, 2003 2:39 pm

Can someone let me know when this issue will at least get looked at?  I'm hoping to do another release on Friday, but I worry that all the same problems will exist.

= Request - Entry #1 by jeremy on Sep 14, 2003 5:29 pm

This issues describes several problems with product releases.  They are all illustrated at http://www.zope.org/Products/ZODB3.1

On the right-hand size, there is a current release listed.  It is 3.1.3
and not the new 3.1.4.

The bottom of the page has a list of available releases.  3.1.3 again
comes before 3.1.4.

Each release has a date in the "released column."  None of those dates
appear to be correct.  It says that 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and 3.1.4 were all
released on July 10, but none of them were.  The first release listed is
3.1.1b2, dated Feb. 03, but the 3.1.1 final release was back in Oct.
2002.

The released column for 3.1.4 files has a link to md5 checksums.
(They're correct.)  At least some of the other releases used to have
similar links, but they're all gone now.