[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 220/ 3 Comment "Workflow Unnacceptable"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Sun Oct 5 21:01:11 EDT 2003

Issue #220 Update (Comment) "Workflow Unnacceptable"
 Status Pending, functionality/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/220

= Comment - Entry #3 by simon on Oct 5, 2003 9:01 pm

:)

Yes, having just more-or-less figured out the product publishing process - it is much too complicated. I suggest removing workflow from Software Packages, Software Releases SoftwareReleaseFiles for a quick improvement.

Until then, here's an excerpt fresh from http://zwiki.org/zwikidir/Makefile , hopefully it will save others some pain::

zdo-swrelease-publish:
	@echo publishing the $(VERSIONNO) Software Release on zope.org
	curl -nsS \
	 -Feffective_date= \
	 -Fexpiration_date= \
	 -Fcomment= \
	 -Fworkflow_action=submit \
	 -Fworkflow_action_submit=Save \
	 -Fform_submitted=content_status_history \
	 $(PRODUCTURL)/$(VERSIONNO)/portal_form/content_status_history
	@echo

zdo-swrelease-retract:
	@echo retracting the $(VERSIONNO) Software Release on zope.org
	curl -nsS \
	 -Feffective_date= \
	 -Fexpiration_date= \
	 -Fcomment= \
	 -Fworkflow_action=retract \
	 -Fworkflow_action_submit=Save \
	 -Fform_submitted=content_status_history \
$(PRODUCTURL)/$(VERSIONNO)/portal_form/content_status_history
	@echo

= Comment - Entry #2 by chrisw on Aug 28, 2003 7:52 am

Good grief! I see you can't even do anything simple (such as submit documents within a software release) once it's been submitted.

Ow! Ow! Stop hurting me....

= Request - Entry #1 by chrisw on Aug 28, 2003 7:36 am

So now we have to make software release private to edit them? So every time I want to tweak anything, the product in question vanishes off Zope.org's navigation until someone gets a chance to approve it again?

Wow, that's gonna suck :-(