[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 280/ 1 Request "Attemping to create new user accounts with names of old users is confusing"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Thu Oct 23 16:53:33 EDT 2003

Issue #280 Update (Request) "Attemping to create new user accounts with names of old users is confusing"
 Status Pending, skin/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/280

= Request - Entry #1 by mcdonc on Oct 23, 2003 4:53 pm

>From Yves Moisan, submitted to Zope collector by mistake:

I was trying to create a user account on zope.org (zope.org/register page) and I didn't get the message that my username (ymoisan) already existed. I got no message (in fact no action) at all indicating failure or success of the registration request. I didn't try it on purpose : I remembered having joined in the Fall of 2002 after I tried registering again on the same user name. I should have had a message saying the username already exists.