[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 162/ 6 Comment "old wiki skin templates need to be removed"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Thu Sep 11 03:35:33 EDT 2003

Issue #162 Update (Comment) "old wiki skin templates need to be removed"
 Status Resolved, skin/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/162

= Comment - Entry #6 by simon on Sep 11, 2003 2:35 am

Update: the zope3 and other wikis I've just tried do allow me to edit, but they still have semi-broken edit forms: a comment form appears there where it shouldn't, and if page types are offered they are the wrong ones. I believe there are still one or more old custom edit templates lying around that need to be removed. Can you change this issue's "resolved" status ?
= Comment - Entry #5 by simon on Aug 26, 2003 7:13 pm

And now it's been renamed, so I can't edit again. The message now is "insufficient privileges". I assume it's work in progress.
= Comment - Entry #4 by simon on Aug 26, 2003 2:59 am

I was able to install a temporary DTML Method-based editform.
We should remove the editform in the parent folder(s) though,
so that I can remove this one and there will be no upgrade issues.

= Comment - Entry #3 by simon on Aug 26, 2003 2:28 am

Thanks Brian.. but I still see problems. Eg an ancient
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/editform
is still being acquired from somewhere. This is preventing edits to  the zope 3 wiki.
= Resolve - Entry #2 by Brian on Aug 25, 2003 4:38 pm

done.
= Request - Entry #1 by simon on Aug 12, 2003 1:38 pm

Most wikis on zope.org are showing breakage due to old skin templates/dtml methods - usually standard_wiki_header, standard_wiki_footer, editform and backlinks - in the wiki folder. These old templates should all be removed so that Zwiki can use the up-to-date templates in it's skin. (The only reason to have these in the folder is for customization - I guess that this is not the case anywhere on zope.org, if there's any doubt save them in an old/ subfolder.)

Part 2 of this problem is that even when removed - as I've done at
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture - these old templates are still being acquired from somewhere - presumably a parent folder, or even an old skin. They should be removed from there too.