[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 346/ 4 Comment "Windows missing from software release platform list"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Wed Jul 21 09:37:38 EDT 2004

Issue #346 Update (Comment) "Windows missing from software release platform list"
 Status Resolved, SoftwareProduct/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/346

= Comment - Entry #4 by Caseman on Jul 21, 2004 9:37 am

See also: http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/247
= Comment - Entry #3 by Caseman on Jul 21, 2004 9:25 am

If the platform field does not also descriminate on operating system then this field is useless. Who for example is releasing binary SW for Alpha or IA64 on zope.org?

It is meaningless for me to assign a windows binary executable to platform i386.

We *need* a way to descriminate by OS. If that means adding an additional field, that's ok I guess, but I don't think it needs to be that complex.
= Resolve - Entry #2 by d2m on Jul 21, 2004 1:58 am

Platform is used for a hardware/processor-family description.