[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 375/ 3 Reject "Member Account lost/disappeared"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Tue Apr 5 01:29:44 EDT 2005

Issue #375 Update (Reject) "Member Account lost/disappeared"
 Status Rejected, system/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/375

= Reject - Entry #3 by d2m on Apr 5, 2005 1:29 am

closing - the user had not registered before.
= Comment - Entry #2 by d2m on Mar 26, 2005 6:48 am

email transcript ...

--- narration at bluewin.ch
Hi - what's up?    You seem to have lost my user identity:   narration.

Let me know if I should just create it again, but figured you'd like to know
your site is losing things.

--- michael at d2m.at
Hmm, there is no evidence that zope.org has a member 'narration' or a
members folder http://www.zope.org/Members/narration.

A Google search
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:zope.org+narration
also brought up no results.

Are you sure you registered with zope.org (not freezope.org or the like
?) - if so please report back to me.

--- narration at bluewin.ch
Well, I think so.  Two reasons to believe sure:

- Firefox remembers the narration name as well as a password for it
- I noticed the problem this morning because I clicked an article link from
my RSS feed of Zope site, and got a login failure instead of the page as
normal.

If you want me to recreate the login I will, but imagine it’s more important
to know why it disappeared.

--- michael at d2m.at
Ok, so we will need to check with the sysadmin and try to find out whats
going on. Could well last some days to get certainty on that topic.

Please do not create the account again in the meantime.
I'll check back with you when we know more on the issue.
= Request - Entry #1 by d2m on Mar 26, 2005 6:41 am

http://mail.zope.org/mailman/private/zopeorg-webmaster/2005-March/003968.html

'narration' reports his zope.org account disappeared overnight.
Searching the acl_users and google (site-search) did not bring up
any evidence that the account existed at any time before.

as the user insists, we should look into the issue asap.