[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 439/ 1 Request "Out of date / confusing main website"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Mon Aug 27 13:38:53 EDT 2007

Issue #439 Update (Request) "Out of date / confusing main website"
 Status Pending, content/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/439

= Request - Entry #1 by antgel on Aug 27, 2007 1:38 pm

Hi, it's rather frustrating that the only way a user knows about Zope 3 is the tiny link on the left.  I spent some time reading documents in http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ before realising they were Zope 2-specific.  In this day and age, with Plone now using Zope 3, I really feel that uninformed users will make the same mistake I did, and I consider myself relatively informed!

I think that the home page should mention the existence of Zope 2 /and/ 3, and warn as to their difference, and the Documentation page should have documentation for both.  Or make the Zope 3 wiki into the official Zope 3 site - as in keep the two sites separate - just make it clear from the home page that the Zope 3 site actually exists!

Hope this makes sense.