[zpkg] SVN: zpkgtools/trunk/zpkgtools/appsupport/configure.in i think all the apps built with zpkgtools' trunk require Python 2.4

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Thu Nov 3 09:49:58 EST 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 09:27, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
 > Log message for revision 39871:
 >   i think all the apps built with zpkgtools' trunk require Python 2.4
 >   now. Fred, beat me if I'm wrong...

Right.

I agree that this should be part of the metadata.  Ideally, distutils would
provide a way to tell it that only certain version of Python are supported,
keys could be added for SETUP.cfg, and we could re-use that information for
that silly configure script.  I know the need to be able to provide that
information has been discussed for distutils, but I'm not sure if any
implementation has been done.

When something appears there, it makes sense to re-use that.  It may be that
we should add some support for the needed metadata to SETUP.cfg or
DEPENDENCIES.cfg (since Python is a dependency!).  We'd be able to use it for
the generated configure script now, and use it again via distutils once
there's a way to pass the information to distutils.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
Zope Corporation