Re[2]: [ZPT] ZPT - tal-attributes in html-output ?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:57:01 -0400 (EDT)

ethan mindlace fremen writes:
 > Well, AFAIK the real issue is that we mix namespaces, and although there is
 > an example in the Namespaces spec of mixing namespaces (IIRC), there is no
 > standard for doing so.  this is why it isn't "valid" xml.

  Er, no.  The issue is that validation simply isn't defined with
namespaces in the general case.  Validation is only defined for DTDs,
so a DTD can be written that supports namespaces, but only by
constraining the prefixes used for each namespace.  This is all an
artefact of namespaces being spliced on to XML after the XML 1.0
recommendation.  There appears to have been little interest in the
original namespaces group regarding validation; the real target was
the "well-formed is fine with me" usage of XML.

 > It is my understanding that the XML Infoset standard will address this.

  I don't know if this is the case; they might deal with validation
and namespaces.  I suspect that XSchema validation supports this.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations