SV: [ZPT] nesting macros with slots ?

Geir Bækholt geirh@funcom.com
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:36:51 +0200

Sorry.. was to tied up in trying to make it work to see it clearly..
Turns out it is more bixarre than i first thought

I am devising use-cases for ZPT to see if it would fit our next
(rather large) project, and my initial thought was this :

1 ) It would be neat to have a macro-template with loads of little
snippets (METAL-macros) to be reused around the site..

2 ) It would also be neat to have a commonLookAndFeel-template for
the WYSIWYG-people to use for adding pages of content and stuff. -
but i would prefer to avoid writing the definitions for the common
snippets (mentioned in (1)) again for the commonLookAndFeel..  -
feels stupid to maintain two versions..

3 ) thus i would like to use the macros from (1) in the macro i
define in (2) , although both are macro-definitions (so nesting
definitions/nesting calls becomes a question i cannot answer ,
because i cannot quite see which it would be)

4 ) all this would seem simple, if not for the issue of slots.. - i
would love the macros defined in 1 to have slots , and have these
slots filled , not in 2 , but in the final pages utilizing 2's
commonLookAndFeel template..

Argh !
Turns out it was a somewhat more bizarre problem than i initially
thought, and i should perhaps just shelve it , although
it would be a really neat way to work..

Geir Bækholt
geirh@funcom.com