[ZPT] suggestion: content and/or silent repeat

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:05:53 +0200

> I understand your point about the two odd/even conditions but also see
where
> the ZPT designers are coming from: a lack of full-fledged control
structures
> in a templating language will encourage better separation of content,
logic,
> and presentation.

Like I said to my collegues after being asked to investigate ZPT.
"it's syntax is cleared and namespaces aren't mangled like in DTML, the way
they work force you to write proper HTML (so our page will many almost work
in Netscape), plus it's nifty that you can open them in Dreamweaver"

Those were my reasons for why ZPT is "better" than DTML.