[ZPT] dtml-with to ZPT problem

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-997772363.53b7fa@logicetc.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 02:59:22 -0400

I've been ZPT-ing for a couple days now.  It's quite different and has taken
a bit of patience, but it's nice.

I've run into a problem I can't figure out.

I have the following DTML method that runs on an RDFSummary object:

  <dtml-with channel mapping>
    <dtml-var description>
  </dtml-with>

'channel' is a PersistentMapping in the RDFSummary object that has, among
other things, a 'description'.

I can't get this to work in ZPT.  I've tried the following:

...gives a "description not found in here/channel/description" error.

...gives an Unauthorized with the following (tailend) traceback:

 File /home/bickersfam/zope/Products/PageTemplates/ZRPythonExpr.py, line
121, in __call__
    (Info: channel['description'])
  File Python expression &quot;channel['description']&quot;, line 2, in f
    (Object: guarded_getitem)
  File /usr/local/zope-2.4.0/lib/python/AccessControl/ZopeGuards.py, line
155, in guarded_getitem
  File /usr/local/zope-2.4.0/lib/python/AccessControl/SecurityManager.py,
line 149, in validate
  File /usr/local/zope-2.4.0/lib/python/AccessControl/ZopeSecurityPolicy.py,
line 172, in validate
Unauthorized: description

I've tried several other variations that seem like the same thing, but no
luck.

Any ideas?

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.