[ZPT] dtml-with to ZPT problem

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:50:20 -0400

Ron Bickers wrote:

>>'channel' is a PersistentMapping in the RDFSummary object that has, among
>>other things, a 'description'.
>>
> After messing around with the source of ZPT and RDFSummary, I found that it
> has something to do with permission to access the PersistentMapping object,
> but I don't know why.

I don't know the internals of RDFSummary, but if it's using a raw
PersistentMapping, then that's the problem.  PersistentMappings don't
have any security declarations on them, so they're unusable from
restricted code (like ZPT, DTML, Scripts).  If you are able to use the
contents of 'channel' from DTML or a Python Script, then I'm barking up
the wrong tree.

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope