[ZPT] Latest Page Templates broke my working ZClasses!

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:16:23 -0400

I have a Product with some ZClasses that are based on CMF base objects.

Under ZPT 1.3, what I describe below worked. Now after upgrading to 1.4 I find that I
can't call manage_changeProperties from within a ZPT.

I have a ZPT named 'Edit' in the ZClasses Methods folder.

I looks like this:

     style="color:red">
      tal:define="result
python:here.propertysheets.General.manage_changeProperties(request)" />
Attributes Changed
<form id="EditForm"
      tal:attributes="action python:request.URL0;method string:post">

<snip>

Basically the hidden "DoEditSheet" input field kicks off a call to
manage_changeProperties. This used to work in 1.3

Now, I get this traceback:

Unauthorized

You are not authorized to access this resource.
Username and password are not correct.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/holmes/AdkWood/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 223, in publish_module
  File /usr/holmes/AdkWood/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
  File /usr/holmes/AdkWood/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 162, in publish
  File /usr/holmes/Zope-2.3.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 463, in traverse
  File /usr/holmes/AdkWood/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 588, in unauthorized
Unauthorized: (see above)

As a check, I can manage the zclass instance properties from ZMI.

Further, I created a Python Script and made it the target of the form action and it works:

if REQUEST.has_key('DoEditSheet'):
   context.propertysheets.General.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)
REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(REQUEST['URL1']+'/Edit')

This is a very weird error "password not correct"

Any idea how to fix?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements