[ZPT] Expand macros when editing

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:02:22 -0400

Ron Bickers wrote:
> I found that I can default this to off by changing 'expand = 0' in the
> product, but I have to remember to do this every time I upgrade.
> I don't believe there's a way to "unexpand" (perhaps because it's not
> possible?), so I end up having to go back and clean up the expansion
> if I forget to turn it off.

I already have a to-do item to make expansion/unexpansion more useful
and regular.  This includes:

   - When a template is unexpanded, use-macro bodies should be
"stripped".  This means omitting the contents of used macros, apart from
filled slots.

   - There should be a way to remember (cookie?) which state you prefer,
without hardcoding it.

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope