[ZPT] Expand macros when editing

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:10:54 -0400

Ron Bickers wrote:
> I'm not familiar enough with the new Component
> Architecture to know how it would cure the problem.

No one is :-/  It's a work in progress, but one of its concepts runs
like this:

The Zope root contains a Service Manager.  There is a way to create
subfolders that have Service Managers, too.  When you visit an SM, one
of the things you can do there is install a "Package".  This will add
"Components" and "Services" to the SM.  (Why the scare quotes?  Because
these things aren't well defined yet).  You can then configure these
things, and they will be available within that part of the site (the
whole site, if it's the root SM).  Some "Services" are "Factories",
which allow you to create objects.

So, in this future world, you would go to your site's Service Manager,
install the ZPT Package there, then configure the "Page Template"
Factory to set 'expand' off in new instances.  Maybe.

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope