[ZPT] Is PageTemplates doing xhtml conversion? Should it?

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:33:59 +1200

On Thursday 30 August 2001 07:15, Dieter Maurer wrote:

>  By definition, HTML tag and attribute names are case insensitive.
>  ZPT should respect this and replace attributes independent
>  of case.

>   >  2) If TAL statements won't be processed unitl after METAL statemen=
ts
>   > and the METAL code converts elements and attributes to lower case, =
then
>   > it's reasonable to require tal:attributes statement to only use low=
er
>   > case attribute arguments, and throw an error, or at least a warning=
, if
>   > the are supplied something else.
>
>  Please no!

Let me rephrase that :-) If HTML attributes are case insensitive, then=20
tal:attributes should replace attributes in a case insensitive fashion ie=
=20
they should replace 'onchange' with 'onChange' if that's what you asked
for. Admitedly this is probably unnecessary, and may even be problematic =
for=20
XML.

>  Let ZPT keep simple.
>  Do not reinvent the wheel (you have tidy, already).

Indeed. I'm thinking that writing a python wrapper around tidy so it can =
be=20
used as a tool inside zope is a much better idea.

John