[ZPT] Can macros be employed in Page Templates outside of Zope?

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:41:04 +0100 (BST)

Evan Simpson wrote:

> > Is it possible to employ macros when using PageTemplates outside of
> > Zope?
>
> Yes, but you need to patch a bug first.

Thanks for that. Macros now work if the outer page is passed as an
option when the inner page is called.

I thought I would try again and see whether it was now possible to
refer to the outer page from within the inner page via 'container', but
without avail. Presumably this is because container is normally a Zope
folder (rather than a filesystem folder) and so is only defined in a
Zope environment (I'm guessing by ZopePageTemplate). When calling a
template outside Zope, is there some kind of object with the necessary
behaviour that could be passed as a 'container' option?

Hamish Lawson