[ZPT] Is PageTemplates doing xhtml conversion? Should it?

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:44:53 +0200

Ooops.. posted this reply to the wrong list.. Posting it to ZPT for the rec=
ord..
--------------

Hello John,

I have some related issues, which i am kind of puzzled by, as the
original spec of ZPT was to go fro XHTML altogether IIRC:

Is is not currently possible to create what are single attributes in
"old-style-html" (selected, checked etc..)  as correct XHTML
(selected=3D"selected") with tal:attributes..

if it also breaks onchange and its likes , i think we need to find a
way to coerce it into using the XML-parser for XHTML, but still serve
the pages with content-type text/html, to keep it working in most
browsers.

We have almost completely ditched DTML in favor of Page Templates, but
as long as it is not possible to create proper XHTML with them , i
consider them partially broken.

hmm.. i actually think XHTML should be the default these days, with a
"pre-html4.01-mode" for those going old-style....

:-)

Wednesday, August 29, 2001, 15:28:47, you wrote:
JM> I've been playing around with HTML tidy[1], using it to test some page
JM> templates that are part of a skin for a CMF product I've written. The -=
asxml=20
JM> flag is very useful for finding non-xhtml compliance problems in the=20
JM> templates, and various other goodies (you're not suppose to use a span =
inside=20
JM> a select, for example so you have to use optgroup, but they mess up the=
=20
JM> rendering in konqueror from kde 2.1...).
..
JM> [1] http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

JM> John

--=20
Geir B=E6kholt                   web-developer/zopatista
geirh@funcom.com             funcom oslo | webdev-team

            <!-- PGPid : 0x90B47B20 -->