[ZPT] Installing ZPT

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 20:50:10 +0100

Brian Desany writes:
 > <snip>
 > I=B4m a newbie in this mailing list and I`ve a problem with Zope 2.4.0 =
 > while installing ZPT. After unpacking the TAl, Page Templates and ZUTl  =
 > in the right way ( I think) I had got the following error message:
 > Error Type: IOError
 > Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied: =
 > '/usr/local/Zope-2.4.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/www/p=
 > tAdd.zpt'
 > </snip>
 >
 > I have _exactly_ the same problem. I noticed that "other" doesn't have read
 > access (unlike most other things in the Products directory), but changing
 > that doesn't help.
The error message is unambiguous:

  This is not a Zope problem but a problem with the permission in your
  file system. For directories, the 'x' (which means 'searchable' in this
  context) permission is also necessary to access a directories content.

  Maybe, that is your problem.

If not, become the user, Zope runs as (this means "nobody" (or
the user you specified at installation time), in case,
you start Zope as "root"!) and as this user try to read the file
given above.

Dieter