[ZPT] Re: unexpand metal: macros feature

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:16:32 -0500

On 15 Dec 2001 at 12:50, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Perhaps we should patch PageTemplates to use some configurable
> switch (an environment variable, or a command-line switch?  A
> globally-acquired attribute?) for the default value now stored
> in 'PageTemplate.expand'.
>
> Another alternative would be to add a knob to PageTemplate which
> strips out everything that supplied by METAL (maybe we spell that
> by supplying the path to an "empty" template, an do the expansion
> using the empty template, followed by setting 'self.expand=0'?)

The "unexpand macros on save" option has been talked about for a while. I still need
this feature before I turn ZPT over to my html folks. They just barely understand simple
DTML..  seeing the page template code that manages all the navigation junk for our
sites will drive them nuts.

Does this functionality already exist in Page Templates and just needs to be wired up?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements