[ZPT] Zope Page Templates: Getting Started

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:23:36 +0200

Just some thoughts

    In the Introduction
"If you create and edit all of your web pages with a text editor, you might
not care for Page Templates."
I haven't used Dreamweaver since I only knew ASP, but I might rewrite my
site now using Page Templates.
To me, the other really good things is that debugging ZPT business logic is
easier because it is clearly written where stuff comes from.
And, Page Template resulting HTML is more likely not to be invalid, and
hence no misstakes with uncompleted tags or stupidly nested tables.
I see the "GoLive effect" just as a little bonus you get, which you don't
have to use.

    Applying The Principles
"When this template is saved in Zope and viewed by a user, Zope
    turns this static content into dynamic content and replaces "Page
    Title" with whatever "here/title" resolves to.  In this case,
    "here/title" resolves to the title of the Page Template object."

Isn't "here/title" the title of the container. _"templete/title"_ is the
"title of the Page Template object".

    English:
"Applying The Principles
Page Templates are can be downloaded and installed ..."
Page Templates are can... ?