[ZPT] Are PT's ZCatelog Aware? - Now: Subclassing ZPT's

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 09:49:29 -0500

From: "Lynn Walton" <waltonl@babbage.franklin.edu>
> So, I got a little scared that there may be some
> reasons to avoid making your own subclasses of a PT.

Not at all, it's just not the first solution I would recommend to
someone whose experience with modifying Zope at that level is unknown to
me, when there was a simple workaround.

> Can I ask 1) how many others using PT's have subclassed to get
additional
> things like properties or ZCatalog awareness.
> 2) What would be the downsides?

I would be more concerned about ZCatalog awareness itself.  It's fairly
tricky, and the old CatalogAware mixin is somewhat broken.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool