[ZPT] structure in TAL needed?

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:47:39 +0200

> Peter Bengtsson wrote:
>
> > Do we need 'structure'?
> >
> > I find myself using the 'structure' thing on all tal:content and
tal:replace
> > almost. There's not one single spot on my under-construction-site where
> > want to display the HTML code on screen.
>

> It sounds like you either misunderstand the purpose of 'structure' or
> are using TAL in ways I wouldn't expect... I hardly ever use it, but
> when I do there's no substitute.
>
> The idea is that almost all HTML markup is in the template, not the
> inserted content, so inserted content should almost always be HTML
> quoted.  If you want to insert HTML markup, you explicitly instruct TAL
> not to quote it by using 'structure'.

Since ZPT and Python Scripts arrived I have started to occasionally write
HTML in Python.
It's not the suppreme solution but many times it saves a lot of time.

It's for the title things like anchorlinks or
search-and-replace-and-make-bold.
It saves a lot of time and I seldomly use other markups than HTML.

Still, looking at the way this is treated in DTML with _.getitem() I want to
know the purpose of "not-structure".

I'm alone on using this "naughty" Zope style?