[ZPT] Re: context == here

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:47:21 +0200

> > It would be nice if the default names were the same across the different
> > Zope scripting environments though, rather than having to explain "this
is
> > called 'context' here, but 'here' in this bit, unless you go fiddle with
> > this funny tab thing that you won't care about otherwise" to new
users...

> As long as we're discussing names, while I do not find "context"
> completely intuitive (probably because I don't (yet?) find acquisition
> completely intuitive), I do find it more intuitive than "here".
> So if we are unifying the naming convention, I vote for "context"
> over "here" :)

Hear hear!!
"here" and "this" are too 'silly'.
To me, it really doesn't matter that much. What matters to me is that it's
consitent.
We now have self (External Method), this (DTML), context (Python Script) and
here (ZPT)
It would be cool if we could go from 4 to 2 (since self is somewhat needed
to pass Zope into python in External Methods)

Peter