[ZPT] Introducing TextTemplates and TERRY

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:45:38 -0300

Hi there...

You know... after some days of using ZPT you just don't want to
get back to DTML anymore.

So I figured... why can't I use TALES to markup CSS,
StructuredText, etc?

And I needed to get to grips with the innards of TAL and
PageTemplates anyway... so, I thought, why not?

The result is TERRY and TextTemplates. TERRY is a pretty simple
language to markup plain (ie non-*ML) text for TAL/TALES;
PageTemplates is a Zope Product that uses TERRY.

Disclaimer: a lot of code is copy-pasted from PageTemplates.
Ach, the TextTemplates Product doesn't even have a decent
license notice yet (but it's ZPL, as you can figure from
reading the source).

It's meant to go stable with Zope 2.4, so it needs Python 2.x.
Oh, and it also needs mxTextTools.

You can get it from
http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/TextTemplates/

It's almost 6AM, I need to get some sleep. That, assuming I
won't just sit here and hack gnope.

[]s,
                                               +----
--