[Zpt] Re: tal:define-ed variables?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:25:53 +0100

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 10:22:08AM -0600, Evan Simpson wrote:
> From: "Martijn Pieters" <mj@digicool.com>
> > One final nit: I cannot use tal:condition to test for the existence of a
> > name, only if an existing name reolves to true.
>
> I just checked in a new expression type "exists", which we discussed briefly
> on the zpt list last week.  It has the same syntax as path expressions, but
> returns 1 if the path resolves and 0 if it doesn't.

Way cool!

I must say, TAL, METAL and TALES absolutely rock. This is very a very
stellar piece of work, and very consistent throughout. HiperDOM doesn't
even come close. Converting part of the CMF interface worked very well.

Now if only I can get StructuredText to output XHTML. Or have
tal:replace="structure ..." not verify the well-formedness of the XML..

--
Martijn Pieters