Re[2]: [ZPT] URLs and stuff

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Wed, 2 May 2001 11:30:06 +0200

on or about, Wednesday, May 02, 2001, we have reason to believe that Chris Withers wrote something along the lines of :

CW> PS: I know this is tricky, but how does ZPT aim to prevent content editors from
CW> obliterating tal attributes when theyr' editing content?

I checked around a bit , and at least for METAL-templates it is really
simple to trick dreamweaver atleast into believing the METAL-macros
are internal DW-templates, and lock them from editing..

if you add DW-comments in your template, like this :
------------------------------
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<!-- #BeginTemplate "dummytemplate_for_locking_of_pages.dwt" -->
<head>
    <title tal:content="template/title">The title</title>
</head>
                        <!-- #BeginEditable "content" -->

                        <!-- #EndEditable -->
<!-- #EndTemplate -->

The DW4-using-content-people at least won't be able to kill your
templates..
TAL-references inside the content-blocks are not protected though, but
DW has something similat, called library-items , that could probably
be used for these purposes..

- i'll do a bit more research on the matter, and write up a how-to
today or tomorrow

:-)

--
Geir Bækholt