[ZPT] the defining METAL element and attributes

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 13:56:26 +0200

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 01:21:03PM +0200, Geir B?kholt wrote:

> it seems to me that the attributes of the defining element of a METAL-macro :
> ex : <html metal:define-macro="commonPageLook"
>       xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>       xmlns:tal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/tal"
>       xmlns:metal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/metal">
> , is not updated in templates using the macro, the way things nested
> within are..
> - same goes for definitions of slots..
>
> Is this a feature, or just a slip ?
>

> It would be really helpful, though , to have those elements
> replicated as well :
>
> ( example of use : I noticed that i had left out the namespace
> references for TAL and METAL in some of my templates, - needed for
> xml-parsing , - and had to update them all by hand , because the root
> element is not updated from the macro-template.. )

IIRC, the macro template is copied over to the ZPT objects using the macro
when you save that object, so changes that you make to the template after
that are not propagated to ZPT objects using it.

You'd have to open and save all template objects using it to have the
change propagated.

--
Martijn Pieters