[ZPT] Equivalent of <dtml-comment>

Nicola Larosa nico@tekNico.net
Mon, 07 May 2001 16:58:27 +0000

 > AFAIK, tal:replace="nothing" was invented for just the purpose.  What
about it makes it feel awkward?

Well, it's just a tad too verbose, if used frequently. Furthermore, it
does not let the comments "stand out" from the running code, nor is it
easily searchable.

I find the "nothing" keyword invaluable in replacing the dtml-call tag,
when I need to call somethind and *not* have the result show up in a
page, as in

tal:replace="nothing">INSERTRECORD</span>

 > I'm not too familiar with DTML, so I'm not sure what dtml-comment
 > accomplishes.  What's wrong with a <!--...--> comment?

In most cases one would not want to describe to the world the inner
workings of a web application, I guess.

--
Nicola Larosa - nico@tekNico.net