[ZPT] Formatting strings and more motivation needed

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 10:10:14 +0200

> > My question is: Why should me and my company choose to convert over to
ZPT
> > rather than staying in well supported DTML? And what else is clearly
> better
> > with ZPT/TAL/TALES compared to DTML?
> > Considering that we never use Golive or Dreamweaver and that our
Zope-zen
> is
> > good enough to be able to control all the namespace-in-one-pot-stuff.
>
> In that case, stick with DTML!  Honestly, ZPT is not meant to be a
> DTML-killer, just a really good tool for a particular class of tasks.  I
> hope that most HTML and XML will soon be easier and more pleasant to
> generate using ZPT than DTML, but it'll never completely supplant DTML.
>
> Or did I misunderstand you?

So, still no more reasons other than use of GoLive and tidy namespace calls?
Don't get me wrong. I really really appreciate ZPT and all your effort in
it. My company is likely to start to use it because we DO have design nerds
who use GoLive or Dreamweaver or something. It's great for us! But at the
moment only I know (a bit at least) ZPTs and now people who are getting to
understand DTML have to learn one more thing.

ZPT people! Do you feel that working with Page Templates is
easier/better/more convenient than working with DTML *?