[ZPT] REQUEST argument

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 07:39:15 -0500

[Evan]
> To make it all work correctly without reams
> of code, I implemented the '|' operator and 'default', and in the process
> discovered that most of the places I used them I wanted '|' to stop on any
> valid path, not just true-valued ones.  The other style can be spelled
> "python:path('a/b') or path('c/d')", since the error value for an invalid
> path evaluates as false.

Does this mean that '|' in python:expr now has a different meaning
than in path:expr?  That would be most unfortunate!!!

But if (as I hope) you changed '|' everywhere, you've implemented
something different than the spec we agreed on, which means we should
think about it some more.

Maybe we *should* differentiate.  Then I propose a|b for "stop at the
first valid path" and a||b for "stop at the first valid path that
yields a true value."