[ZPT] Re: Why no properties on templates?

Thomas Olsen thomas@iconmedialab.dk
Thu, 17 May 2001 01:50:14 +0200

It would be great with properties on templates. I have a main macro
which also includes the header section with meta tags etc. On some
templates I need an extra meta tag fx. for refreshing a page. For now I
have added a slot in the header that I fill if theres a need for it. I
do this i use <div metal:fill-slot="header"> but then I end up with a
div in my header which isn't really correct html. Is there a somewhat
more elegant way of doing this?

Tim Moore wrote:

> "Evan Simpson" <evan@digicool.com> writes:
>
> > From: "Tim Moore" <tmoore@tembel.org>
> > > Is there a particular reason why there's no way to set properties
> > > on templates as you can with folders, images, DTML documents,
> > > etc.?  I'd find it useful myself.  Is this something that might
> > > appear in a future version of ZPT?
> >
> > Partly because no one has taken the time to add them.  What's your
> > use case?
>
> Well, as I said in a previous post, I've got a master template that
> writes the <head> section.  It includes a link to a stylesheet, but
> that stylesheet is getting a bit large so I thought I'd break into
> several smaller ones, if I could find a way to have each template
> specify which ones it wants to use.  I think the most elegant way
> would be to have a lines property on each template called
> "stylesheets" or something that declares the sheets that it needs.
> Then the master macro would generate a series of link elements based
> on the values in that property.
>
> Just a thought anyway :-) It's not a dire need or anything, I was just
> curious whether it was something that could happen in the future, or
> something that was inherently impossible for some reason.
>
> --
> Tim Moore

Thomas Olsen
Programmer
Icon Medialab, Denmark
Havnegade 39, 3-5 sal.
DK-1058 Copenhagen K

Icon Office  :  +45 70 23 10 01
Icon Fax     :  +45 33 32 02 09
Email        :  thomas@iconmedialab.dk,tanghus@kde.org

http://www.iconmedialab.com - http://www.tanghus.dk

Do not meddle in the affairs of programmers, for they are easy to annoy,
and have all the source code!!!