Re[2]: [ZPT] An easier question ...

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Thu, 31 May 2001 21:44:09 +0200

Hello Lynn,

Thursday, May 31, 2001, 20:48:22, you wrote:

LW> Can I have your opinion on whether you think it would be "smart" on my part

LW> to go ahead and build my new site for a roll out in a few months based on
LW> ZPT?  In otherwords ... do you consider it production ready enough?
LW> Although it's changing frequently ... should I be able to trust the changes

LW> will either be backwardly compatible or at least not too much of a
LW> nightmare to change?

I can only answer for myself, - but when ZPT was announced, we started
using it for production stuff the day v1.0 was released..

- not just minor things either , we are building the support and
community building website for the Anarchy-Online role playing game
(the marketing website, built in plain DTML, can be found at
http://www.anarchy-online.com )
based on ZPT and pythonscripts..
We expect heavy traffic , but see the maintainability and structure of
ZPT and XHTML as much more important than the slight speed-loss
compared to DTML.. In addition , the coding style of ZPT encourages to
move logic out in pythonscripts anyway , much more so than DTML....

>From our excellent performance as a team when building a site with ZPT
, i expect us to use it on every project from now on , and possibly
even go back and re-do some of our existing sites..

:-)

--
Geir Bækholt
Web-developer/Zopatista