[ZPT] Editing Expanded Macros

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
16 Oct 2001 09:27:07 -0700

I've been playing with macros a bit, and it occurs to me that while it
is a great safety feature to ignore edits to expanded macros in the page
templates that use them, this really ought to be a switchable behaviour.

In other words, I'd like to be able to add a metal:edit-expanded="allow"
statement to the macro definition in order to facilitate rapid
development (edits to the expanded macro are applied to the macro
definition), and then remove the statement when I want to lock the macro
down.

Alternatively, this could be a checkbox in the ZMI, but I think I like
the attribute better.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Michael Bernstein.