[ZPT] ZPT Icon

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
16 Oct 2001 12:26:02 -0700

On Mon, 2001-10-15 at 13:06, Evan Simpson wrote:
> Michael R. Bernstein wrote:
>
> > On further reflection, I should ask which variants on a APge Template
> > deserve an icon variation (assuming it's possible):
> >
> > [X] Default ZPT icon
> >
> > --Additional icon---
> >
> > [ ] Defines macro
> >
> > [ ] Uses macro
> >
> > [ ] Defines slot
> >
> > [ ] Fills slot
> >
> > We can't create variants for all of these, since then we would need
> > further variants that dealt with their combinations, but one additional
> > icon to indicate one of these could be useful, the only question is
> > which one.
>
> Of these, only "Defines macro" is trivial for a ZopePageTemplate to
> determine.  The others are possible, of course, but would mean adding to the
> TAL API.
>
> It is possible to vary the icon.  I like this idea.

Great! Which other 'state' (besides 'default') do you think is the one
that is most deserving of it's own icon? I think we have to choose one,
since if we give both 'defines macro' and 'fills slot' (for example)
icons, then a page template that does both is going to need a third
icon, and I think that will get confusing.

IMO, 'defines macro' is probably the one that is most deserving of being
made distinct in the UI, but I haven't been using ZPT for very long, and
I could easily be overlooking something.

Michael.