[ZPT] Editing Expanded Macros

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
18 Oct 2001 11:06:42 -0700

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 09:27, Michael R. Bernstein wrote:

> I've been playing with macros a bit, and it occurs to me that while it
> is a great safety feature to ignore edits to expanded macros in the page
> templates that use them, this really ought to be a switchable behaviour.
>
> In other words, I'd like to be able to add a metal:edit-expanded="allow"
> statement to the macro definition in order to facilitate rapid
> development (edits to the expanded macro are applied to the macro
> definition), and then remove the statement when I want to lock the macro
> down.
>
> Alternatively, this could be a checkbox in the ZMI, but I think I like
> the attribute better.
>
> Does this make sense to anyone else?

No feedback on this suggestion yet either.

Approppriate responses could include:

a) Woo-hoo! You da Man!

or:

b) Dude, You suck. Your idea sucks. You suck so much I'm embarrased to
belong to the same species as you. You emit more suckage that an entire
galaxy of suck. Black-hole suck... etc. :-)

Cheers,

Michael.