[ZPT] Expanded Macro Indentation

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:23:04 +0200

Hello Michael,

Thursday, October 18, 2001, 23:50:36, you wrote:

MRB> On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 14:30, Geir Bækholt wrote:
>>
>>...but any possible solution to ZPT creating HTML4 single
>> attributes and never XHTML compliant ones seems to have been lost on
>> the way.

MRB> As I'm unfamiliar with this issue, can you enlighten me? I've been
MRB> editing HTML by hand since '94, but XHTML is a relatively new skill for
MRB> me.

:-)

XHTML is basically HTML4.01 tweaked to fall within the rules of XML ,
so as to ensure forwards compatibility with parsers and tools.

some small changes, and your HTML is XML-compliant as well!

here is a small introduction :
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/xhtml/

what keeps puzzling me is ; when the work on ZPT was first started ,
they were all based on XHTML , but during the work on them , someone
found that supporting HTML in general would be more appropriate.
During this transition, the whole XHTML aspect was lost totally , it
seems , and now it is difficult , if not impossible to create valid
XHTML documents with them..

--
Geir Bækholt                       web-developer
geirh@funcom.com             funcom oslo | webdev-team