[ZPT] Expanded Macro Indentation

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
18 Oct 2001 16:13:50 -0700

On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 15:23, Geir B=E6kholt wrote:
>=20
> Thursday, October 18, 2001, 23:50:36, you wrote:
>=20
> MRB> On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 14:30, Geir B=E6kholt wrote:
> >>
> >>...but any possible solution to ZPT creating HTML4 single
> >> attributes and never XHTML compliant ones seems to have been lost on
> >> the way.
>=20
> MRB> As I'm unfamiliar with this issue, can you enlighten me? I've been
> MRB> editing HTML by hand since '94, but XHTML is a relatively new skill =
for
> MRB> me.
>=20
> XHTML is basically HTML4.01 tweaked to fall within the rules of XML ,
> so as to ensure forwards compatibility with parsers and tools.
> [snip]
>=20
> what keeps puzzling me is ; when the work on ZPT was first started ,
> they were all based on XHTML , but during the work on them , someone
> found that supporting HTML in general would be more appropriate.
> During this transition, the whole XHTML aspect was lost totally , it
> seems , and now it is difficult , if not impossible to create valid
> XHTML documents with them..

I'm familiar with the concept of XHTML, I'm sorry I didn't make that
clear. I just haven't been using it much, and it is a new skill-set for
me.

What I am unfamiliar with is the issue you mentioned, namely
"...creating HTML4 single attributes and never XHTML compliant ones..."

I am not sure what you mean by this, and you seem to indicate that there
are other problems with creating XHTML producing Page Templates as well.

Could you explain what the issues are with using Page Templates to
create XHTML?

Thanks,

Michael.